3rd Space can support people with:
- Self-care and living skills
- Managing money
- Substance misuse
- Physical health
- Emotional and mental health
- Meaningful use of time
- Motivation and taking responsibility
- Social networks and relationships
- Managing tenancy and housing
- Breaking offending patterns
- Court support and advocacy.
Targeted Family Support Program
The targeted family support program assists families with children and young people under 18 years (including unborn children) who are in vulnerable situations.
Support is available to families with complex needs such as:
- Housing instability
- Mental health concerns
- Substance misuse
- Domestic and family violence
- Parenting challenges
- Lack of sufficient income
- Financial stress.
Daily Living Support
The service assists people who need support to provide food and clothing for themselves and their families or to pay bills. The support includes finding ways to manage a budget.
3rd Space can help people who are:
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness, for example, someone who is living in their car, temporarily with a friend, or a person who has to leave their current housing
- Housed but at risk of homelessness.
3rd Space can support people to find housing.
Some people who live in inner-city Brisbane may be eligible for financial assistance to pay rent, utilities, transport costs and purchase food.
Please call to see if you live in the catchment area for emergency relief assistance. If you are eligible please make an appointment with a support worker and bring your most recent Centrelink statement and a copy of any bills which are overdue.
3rd Space works with visitors to:
- Meet immediate needs, which may include emergency relief funding, meals, showers, clothes or a day rest area
- Provide emotional and practical support
- Provide medical care, counselling and allied health services
- Provide advocacy and assistance to access housing and any other mainstream services
- Provide information, assessment and facilitate intake to related services
- Provide support until an appropriate referral is complete.
Visiting Professional Services
3rd Space has a range of visiting services that support visitors’ physical and emotional wellbeing. These include:
Health & wellbeing services
Finance, legal & other
3rd Space not only operates from Brunswick Street, but also reaches out to people outside the centre. Support is provided to individuals and families to settle into new housing, attend appointments and access other services.