We are looking for a talented Chef to join the 3rd Space Café team
Employment type: Full-time – five shifts of 7am to 3pm
Location: 505 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, close to public transport
Salary: $60k + super + salary packaging
Our chef is a key part of running 3rd Space Café, a different way of delivering service to people doing it tough. We’re looking for ways to make 3rd Space Café dynamic and different, our chef will play a critical role as part of the team that makes this happen.
This is a challenging role – you’ll work with and train volunteers, liaise with and provide oversight for the part-time cook, create and manage a menu providing healthy food with a dash of indulgence while obtaining much of the produce from OzHarvest and Food Bank.
Our visitors range from being highly appreciative to highly unpredictable. We are relentless in maintaining the highest standard of food safety.
ABOUT 3RD SPACE
3rd Space Café is part of Queensland’s largest drop-in centre, 3rd Space, where we offer safe spaces to be, safe places to call home to anyone doing it tough. We provide practical services to individuals and families experiencing homelessness. We are a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer. We love people, we love relationships, we want you to be part of us.
- You are an experienced Chef who has a passion to be involved in the success of one of Brisbane’s most needed and most unique social services
- You go out of your way to help others and do what’s needed
- You have an unwavering commitment to food safety
- You are a team player who is prepared to mentor, coach and train a team of volunteers
- You produce great tasting food
- You believe our customers deserve to enjoy a terrific café experience
- You share our belief that everyone can contribute to a good result
- You roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed
- You are aligned with our vision, mission and values.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in running an efficient kitchen in a busy café or restaurant environment
- Minimum three years post apprenticeship
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Proven capacity to supervise, support and motivate others in a commercial kitchen environment
- A practical working knowledge of relevant legislation that impacts on maintaining a registered kitchen and compliance to Workplace Health and Safety standards and Food Act compliance
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.